1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

The Rumors

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    18/66

Hi all. I'd like to address the rumors about SkyWars being added to the server.

We are currently exploring adding new game modes to our server. One of the potential game modes is SkyWars. We have not, however, made a decision about it, nor do we currently have any information to share about the process.

Some people are sharing that they use /find to see me or Nick on a server named "SkyWars". This is not an active server despite it being seen by using the /find command or the /glist command. This was a error Nick made, not knowing that the everyone would be able to see it when they did /glist.

I can say that we are using that area to test different plugins. We may or may not choose to use one of those we have tried or we may choose to create our own. When we have something definite to share we will.

We do not want you all to be waiting for us to open up a game when we are not sure if or when we are adding it.

I can say that we will be adding more game modes and we are working on a few right now. Since they are still in development there is little to say about them now. Our current ideas are morphing and changing as we work together to make the games more enjoyable for our players.

The only definite we have, at this time, to share is that we are working to change Invasion to be a very different style of play. The new Invasion (Invasion 3.0 I like to call it), will be much less reliant on items for each class, and instead will take advantage of the new 1.9 pvp style (Think exploding pig cannons....), super powers not super weapons.

Nick is working on getting Invasion 2.1 back online and hopefully it will be up on line this weekend...hint hint @SirNickParks...but we will let you know when it is ready. Invasion 2.1 will have no hit delay as it does have a huge impact on the game as it stands. This is not just a matter of an annoyance as it is on SkyRealms, or Factions, it is a hinderance to the game style which was built on the aspects of the pvp that were around when it was designed. The speed of play that is necessary can not be accomplished with the hit delay as the game is currently designed. The hit delay will return with Invasion 3.0.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Me27000

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Me27000
    First! And moon thank you for the communication. Its really essential to the revitalization of the server. It's great to see shock making a comeback! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    #3 Mario12space, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
    invasion 1.9 = wouldn't recommend it

and communicate more about if your going to use the money made from last month (aka extending the sale till october) and getting more to play facs since its at a dead 0 rn

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    I'M SO HAPPY
    FFS

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

#5 Mario12space, Sep 2, 2016
    NoHitDelay is already on factions aka one of about 1,000 reasons why no one plays it u just spam click someone and its just a way for eZ kids to brag about how they won.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. johnmcphail

163/263

Definitely not better than 1.7/1.8 pvp but it's not as bad if you practice ._.
    But come on invasion if you want to help me be king again ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 2, 2016 ---
    Jitter too strong

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    Question, with the no hit delay will sword and axe damage be lowered?
    Wouldn't want some guy using strength + an axe one shotting a dude in iron armor

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nadya

Absolutely Shocking
    243/263

Minecraft account: Nadya
    like i totally get this thread, but if you didn't want any "rumors" to be spread about the on going skywars server (when it's not even necessarily just skywars, but instead a place to test plugins or whatever), why call it "skywars"? lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. J0ry

93/132

Overwatch style Invasion? Yes please!

10. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

#10 Naryus, Sep 2, 2016
    ikr you can barely pvp and forget about team fights, lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. johnmcphail

163/263

#11 johnmcphail, Sep 2, 2016
    Pls nu

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Fingy

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Fingy2Hawt
    I call being a hero in it if this happens :3

13. johnmcphail

163/263

I will still be the king, Don't get too happy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. beastmode

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

This would be like making factions 1.9 pvp to kill it, o wait its already dead lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ToxicThane :P

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Thane_N7Krios
    Thank you for keeping us informed like always Moonless <3

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

yea it's just a sluggish ping war that annoying kids will brag "OH I WON EZ" where in 1.7/1.8 they just suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hp1776

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

OMG thx Nick for working so hard on getting invasion back! Im awful at skyrealms+facs and ive never been able to play KoTH before, so I'll be able to play again thx 2 u! also skywars sounds fun for the potential future! thx again!
    [​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Pure

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

Minecraft account: PureNotMature
    YES JOR! Overwatch in minecraft, dream come true

19. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

We spent the money we made last month keeping the server open.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

it was an accident. Nick didn't realize that it would show up on glist and create this kind of issue. He is now aware and won't do it again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.