1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

The Omega and the Alpha

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    93/132

#1 Moonless, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Shock Network is Dead!! Long Live Shock Network!!

At 6:00 pm PST, Wednesday, July 6th, or 1 am UTC for our players outside of the USA (the rest of you can google it), ShockNetwork will officially die. We will be shutting down the server and going dark.

At 7:30 pm PST Shock Network will be reborn! Long live the new Shock Network! A new day, a new server, a new owner, new mini-games, new ways of doing things, a brave new world!

It's our first update since @FlamingPaw became our fearless leader!! We are officially resetting the whole server and updating to 1.10. Yes, I did say reset; but don’t panic or start throwing things just yet. There are going to be a lot of changes with this new update and I think all of them are great. Here are just the highlights (and there are a lot so keep reading. There is a surprise at the end you don’t want to miss!):
    • We have new rank packages. All your ranks transfer over to our new update but your perks will be altered slightly to conform to the Mojang EULA.

• We added bolts, a global currency, to the server. That means that points you earn on Invasion can be used on any other server to buy special perks. A lot of the perks that used to be purchasable in the Shock Network store will now be bought with bolts in game!

• We added a whole new minigame, KOTHS! I helped @Nick test this one and I have to say I’m already a huge fan!! Watch out for those pesky zombies!

• Invasions has been receiving a ton of TLC from @Nick who has rewritten tons of code, added new classes, and fixed so many of the previous bugs and issues in the game. And don’t forget that you can buy your classes now with your bolts!

• Whether you were for or against it, Skyrealms is all new too. Yes, there have been some changes in how the game is played and we needed to reset all the islands and all the different achievements. We also have a new hybrid currency system on Skyrealms! Now you can use your in-game money to buy stuff at the shop, trade with players, or exchange it for bolts!

• Don’t worry Creative got some new plugins as well and it’s own bolt perks you can buy. Have you always want the //flip command? Well now you can buy it with your bolts! Worried about pesky griefers? Well, fear no more! The new plugin will fix the issue with people you blocked still having build perms on your plot.

• And for the biggest change…. (imagine the drumroll I can hear in my head here)... Factions has left the building, well the network. Factions will have it’s own IP, ranks, and staff. We have moved Factions to infiniteraids.net and it will be rolled back to 1.7.10! There will be another announcement about that in the Factions section of the forums. Questions should be directed there, NOT here.

• We’ve added a few new things in the Shock store for you to buy that might interest you...but I’ll let you guys check those out on your own. You can get there from in game with /buy.
    And those are just the highlights!

This Saturday and Sunday, July 9th and 10th, there will be a live streaming event and a KOTHS tournament to celebrate the new mini-game! (Click the link for the url) There will be prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place players. The first place prize is a choice between a $50 Steam card or $50 Shock voucher. So tell your friends to get on and play.

The following weekend we will be having an Invasion tournament. More information about that will be coming soon. Please hold your questions about that tournament until we release more information about it.

There is even more to follow after that but I’m not telling you what it is….yet! You just have to wait! Don’t try to message me for details or bribe me. My lips are sealed! But we are all pretty sure you are going to love it!

To all of our loyal players, thanks so much for sticking in there and standing behind the server while we made these changes. We hope you’ll think it’s worth the wait. And to any new players, what a great time to join us! Log in at 7:30 PST for something “special”. The next two weeks are going to be so exciting. I can’t wait!

ADDENDUM: Live stream link is https://beam.pro/Nick

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Staff Bean x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Detective x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
  3. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Marcela
    im cutting tonight, fuck this shit. Will ALL bans be cleared?

4. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    WHY DO YOU DO THIS WHEN I'M ON VACATION
    I'M SO UPSET

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bold_Sans

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

NOOOOOO SHOCK D: ;o; Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gurgi

143/263

Well I'm happy
    Uh
    Except for loosing my 18k points on invasion :c

8. fireman1x

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

Minecraft account: fireman1x
    On the subject of creative:

Is there going to be a way to get our old plots back if we download schematics?
    Also will donors get more that one plot?

9. johnmcphail

163/263

Lol, I am winning invasion tournament
    No one can take down this king

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    #10 Deathdaman, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    I'm so happy and so upset at the same time
    Sigh

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Valetide

SNW Legend
    63/66

I will :p

12. johnmcphail

163/263

Better I need the easy kills :)
    I kid I kid

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Detective Detective x 1
  13. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

#13 KamuiGakupo, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
    @johnmcphail that's not what you said when i beat you 3-0 and sent you flying to where you couldn't touch me ;)

14. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
    *cough* 65k points ;c

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    y do i feel factions might have alot in the future...

also nice work on making factions more obduro-era-like (separate ip, on 1.7, etc.). hopefully maybe the old ranks may return

idk if i'm returning full-blown like i did last time, as i kind of started to move on from mc (notably due to 1.9, which thankfully u guys aren't updating factions to that) and focusing on my social life.

also is there like new ads or shit to promote this "mega update"

anyways hopefully i'll come on to see this event

• Like Like x 1
  16. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

I'm so happy about this!!!! I can't WAIT to try it out tomorrow!!!!!!!!

I can't express in words how happy I am about this update!!! I love y'all so much!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    wait isn't this technically a second rebirth after the one in late 2014?

18. Cinderpelt_

Regular
    13/66

Minecraft account: Fawnesse
    I cant tell if I should be happy or sad
    im still confused on the whole thing, all I know is that we have to change for EULA purposes
    mm congrats.

19. RiverSwayne

Newcomer
    3/66

Ah, the reset. The time has come for me to face that word that I fear the most.
    Well, while I do loathe to see my old skyrealm bite the dust, I do believe this is for the best. Especially if Moon and Paw say so.
    After all, a reset is what nearly everyone I talk to has been asking for. Can't just keep going without one.
    Congratulations on creating a newer, shinier ShockNetwork, and that goes to everyone. I'm proud of you guys. Even if I didn't talk in here until like a few days ago. I look forward to playing.
    I'll be sure to write a closing statement on my old island. Doubt anyone really cares, but eh. I am going down with a bang.

• Like Like x 3
  20. NinjaCupcak3

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: NinjaCupcak3
    Yay! An update! Thank you guys for working so hard to make this happen!

So on SkyRealms our islands, island levels, prestiges, and money will be cleared?? I was one challenge away from going up one prestige. But our islands will be cleared? I liked my island... But will our money be cleared too? (So many questions)

But again, yay! Update!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.