1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    143/263

Minecraft account: Trent
    It's starting to warm up (at least in Minnesota) and look more like summer! Kids are getting out of school, teachers are saying goodbye to their students while muttering "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." We hope we're your favorite server to play on this summer. Here is what we have planned so far:

Sale
    We're doing a 30% off sale for the summer! This sale is on everything and will last all summer. Our hope is that everyone has a chance to get a rank if they want one.

Voting
    We are DOUBLING voting rewards on all servers all summer as well! We made it to #80 on http://minecraftservers.org but we want to make it even lower. Think we can reach top 50 before the end of the summer?

Invasion
    I hired a friend of mine, @milkywayz, to help with development. He will be starting on Invasion. Our list of issues and features to add is pretty long already. Make sure to report any issues / suggestions you have.

He'll also be working on misc. things across the network.

Factions
    We are toying with some different ideas to make factions way more fun. Let us know what you think on this thread. We'll also be doing some more drop parties and easier admin raids and maybe get rid of veriens?

New Game Modes
    We're working on 2 new game modes. Both of which will be developed entirely by us. My goal is to have a working beta out in 2 weeks now and a release 10 days after that. Blockworks is providing us with some maps so expect it to be a super shiny game! More details will be released once we get closer to a beta.

Graphics
    I hired two people to work on redesigning buycraft, our logo, and some parts of xenforo. We need a new logo and some more prettier visuals :) If the logo looks nice on shirts, we'll finally open up a spreadshirt shop where you can buy tshirts and coffee cups and shot glasses (well, maybe not the last one).

• Like Like x 8
  2. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: ExLuor
  3. tcd0417

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

4. ProjectBanana

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Minecraft account: Jenine
  5. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

Minecraft account: Trent
  6. tcd0417

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

sneaky sneaked his way infront of me how rude

7. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Minecraft account: Bluuuu
    I'm soo excited by the new updates. Can't wait to see what the game modes are planned

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Sounds great, I know what I’m doing this summer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Acme309

Regular
    8/66

watch me play now watch me invade:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

10. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

If we do get new game modes, will you promote some other minimods? Because when there's no minimods on a server, people are acting like they can do anything. For example, creative. Minimods don't usually go there and some kids don't understand the concept of rules. That said, if there's more server than minimods, it won't work well. Currently there's 5 minimods and 4 servers. You wrote that there will be 2 new game mods so 5 minimods for 6 servers won't work that well.

Anways, I'm really curious to see the new game modes :D

Edit: I do know Shauna is mod. Minimods are usually more active than Shauna, except Snap. That's what I meant, active minimods/mods

11. Snowball

SNW Legend
    43/66

The majority of this servers population is children; most of which have already shown they are irresponsible or not right for staff in one way or another. The older generation of users have generally all lost drt's trust in some way or another (or simply quit the server/minecraft)

Promoting staff isn't easy, especially with this community. I am sure they would love to see more staff nomination threads, but they have to wait till they have found the one they are looking for to promote and make more minimods

btw, I agree there needs to be more staff; but it's not really their choice to have this little staff. Not much they can do

• Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
  12. Elder Guardian Lord Overseer of Chats

SNW Legend
    63/66

True or atleast "get" more mini-mods, like you had said creative is already a bad place because no mini-mod, admin, Moderator is ever on it for an enlongated time. Maybe have mods vote for more minis or something but they could use some extra help. ^_^

13. Rosethorne

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Ohmygawsh I can't wait! :adorable: I've been so excited about this forever!

I'm 100% buying a hat and a mug if they become available.

I flipping love mugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Bluesers

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Nyoala
    Bei Bei Veriens :D :D :D
    And logo making :( Darn that would be so cool to do :|

15. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

To be fair I don’t think people in creative need a lot of moderating, because all you do is build not like someone can hack on creative. -.-

• Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
  16. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

You would be surprised.. People on creative are sometimes really really spammy or even swear for nothing. Like why would you swear if you can't die? I was just stating a fact that 1 minimod per server isn't enough in my opinion.

Admins aren't there to moderate chat.. Well they will if they have to but watching chat and making sure everyone is having a great time is the minimods and mods job.

17. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

That’s a great point, I don’t play creative much so it’s out of my personal knowledge. I do agree with you though that more staff is needed, you can’t forgot it’s harder to get staff because they look for the best people that they believe is up to the job. I would rather less staff that are good then a lot of staff that aren’t very good.

18. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

I think we should have 8 minimods + Shauna. That'd be a perfect number in my opinion. Not too much but just enough to moderate each server for a big part of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rohirrim

SNW Legend
    28/66

Why hired people for a new logo? You just could have done a contest in advance to see if you would like the entries.

20. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    Verians OP! + Trent you spelt it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.