1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Rank Revamp

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    1/66

Minecraft account: Trent

Prologue

When I took the network back last fall I made the decision of splitting up the ranks. I did this because Factions had way more perks that needed to be dispersed among more ranks and Invasion, Risk and Creative did not. I put separate ranks on the network to try to entice more people into wanting to spend money without having to spread thin cosmetic perks across $400 of ranks. Well, times have changed and we've learned that having the separate ranks does not work very well.

We only had 5 people with Petty Officer and 6 with Officer. It was not a lucrative decision and lead to a lot of confusion and flame in the support section over not being able to switch ranks between the network and factions after we had said we stopped allowing that. This has led to us switching back to network wide ranks.

The Switch
    We are now using the same structure Factions used for ranks across the entire network. Ranks now apply to all servers on the network. We did go ahead and change up some of the names and dropped the price of Awesome by $5. The names and prices of ranks are below:

Rank Price / Lifetime
    Premium $5
    VIP $10
    MVP $25
    Master $40
    Elite $65
    Hero $90
    Platinum $125
    Awesome $195
    Shocker $375

We changed up the names and converted everyone to their equivalent rank. These ranks are now live across the entire network. New perks can be found on Buycraft.

Vouchers
    If you had both a network and Factions rank, then you will be receiving a voucher for the amount lost in this switch later this week. We will be sending those out via forum private messages once we have calculated the amount for each person (around 100 people). Please be patient, we hope to have these all done before next Friday. We will message you, you don't message us. We will make a post once we have sent all of the vouchers out. At that time you may post questions or concerns about having both a Factions and network rank.

Aesthetics
    We are also working on upgrading a ton of aesthetics on the network. You'll notice things like announcements, broadcasts, chat, signs, message boards, and other messages will have a more consistent, clean feel to them. We will be rolling out updates for this throughout the week. An example can be found below.

[​IMG]

Factions
    @Dribble is now an admin on Factions! He will be helping implement new features and fix up tons of stuff. We have some big plans including a new spawn, modified kits, new rank perks, new maps, and a ton of gameplay changes to help make the server as fun for you guys as possible. We'll be rolling out changes as we do them and post a comprehensive change log once we have specifics.

Invasion
    Chat won't be updated for new ranks on Invasion quite yet. We'll have this fixed in the next day or two.

Sale
    We will be having a 35% off sale through Monday to get people to buy ranks on the new system!

Video Announcements
    We will now be doing regular video announcements! We feel that this is a more interactive and intimate way of updating you guys on changes to the network. Both @Chasky and I will be posting them. Let us know what you think and make sure to subscribe to the channels. The first one is posted at the top :)

Chaska's Channel
    Trent's Channel

• Like Like x 15
  2. Rosethorne

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

I just wanna be the first to say,

drt has a wonderful jaw.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Yayyyy

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheHebrewsHammer

Build Team
    18/66

Minecraft account: HammersCreations
    I'm glad your actually able to do these Video announcements your able to connect with everyone and im really glad you changed up the ranks Gg Drt cant wait till next Update

5. TheSexyWaffle

SNW Legend
    63/66

Cool

• Like Like x 2
  6. orbitgalaxy

SNW Legend
    28/66

Minecraft account: Orbitgalaxy
    Yea Cool

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chasky

SNW Legend
    43/66

I am sexy. I help this server become sexy like me. <3

• Like Like x 2
  8. Snapdragon

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Snapdragon
  9. xKaylerz

Regular
    18/66

Minecraft account: TropicalKayla
    Awesome ☺

10. Sofia

SNW Legend
    93/132

#10 Sofia, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Shouldn't I have Awesome, even though if I payed for that before all that crazy stuff happened to the server? And not Elite? Oh, I only have Elite on hub, too.

Also don't have a rank on my alt at all. ._.

11. TheSexyWaffle

SNW Legend
    63/66

#11 TheSexyWaffle, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    I've always thought this was a good rank structure.

12. Dpasi314

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: Dpasi314
    *Not as sexy as Dante.
    You forgot to mention that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. J0ry

93/132

When are the ranks gonna transfer across the server?

14. Dpasi314

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: Dpasi314
    They already have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rynoreaper11

Newcomer
    1/66

Drtshock
    I bought elite just now and I have no access to my commands
    Can you please help me

16. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

Minecraft account: Trent
    Please read the entire announcement before asking questions.

17. Snapdragon

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Snapdragon
    Also don't have ./heal and ./feed on skyrealms ._.

18. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    Awesome, finally get to use my rank perks on other servers like I did before you took over (not making fun of you :p) :D

19. Jacobisamazing

Newcomer
    1/66

I bought a 125$ rank now I have a 65$ rank, not cool #lawsuit incoming

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Yeah that's not gonna work at all xD other then probably getting yourself banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.