1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Projects In The Works...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    93/132

For all you Factions players we have a project in the works that is nearing completion. The staff, and a few of the players, have been working on making 4 new areas and a new spawn for our updated KOTH map. Hopefully this new map will be up and running in the next two weeks, so stay tuned!

We are going to be updating the shop on Factions and improving the prices to reflect the current economy but that will take a bit longer.

On Invasion we are still working on getting the maps updated. Expect to see some more updated maps in the very near future as well as the return of an old favorite for some of you.

Skyrealms is taking a bit of a back seat right now but we are hoping to get all the kinks worked out of the player shops at spawn and getting them up and running again soon.

• Winner x 10
    • Staff Bean x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. ToxicThane :P

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Thane_N7Krios
    WOO HOO!
    First

3. Valetide

SNW Legend
    63/66

:) Finally!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    Thanks so much Moonless!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shay

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: yehs
    oooh... I remembered those player shops.
    they were fun.
    And I also think we need an invasion reset soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
  7. trouvaille

Regular
    18/66

Yay! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    I'd rather just reset factions and go HCF-style, but either way, at least some staff still update the server lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Good to hear something is being done.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. johnmcphail

163/263

11. LuckyPotion

Newcomer
    3/66

12. PandaBoiiii

Newcomer
    3/66

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Our intention is still the same on 1.9. Paw is working on setting up the test server with the 1.9 update. It is taking longer becuase he is doing it on his own now but he is making progress. To the best of my knowldege, he is still intending to let us try out the 1.9 update on the test server before he puts it into full implementation on the server and gauge people's reactions. However I do know that a there have been quite a few converts to 1.9 since our first mention of it. More players have been asking for us to update than when it first came out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Marcela
    Hcf :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

you guys do realize they could take off the delay between attacks and change the damage weapons do back to how it is in 1.8 idk how this could be done with factions but i know it can be coded into invasion kits and items in the chests

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

No. Its not happening in the near future. We have no plans at this time to do this. Lets move on already.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 24, 2016 ---
    Jack is right it can be done. We have discussed this already. We have even told you that already.

The older Factions players all say they will quit. Most have already quit. They say you can't play Factions on 1.9. Other servers have updated with success. They say that 1.9 stinks for PVP. Lots of people disagree and actually like the new PVP style.

What you guys forget is that eventually you will become too busy with real life to play on MC. The server have two choices, die as you leave, or try to attract new players. New players will have been playing on 1.9 already and be used to it. They will expect the server to be a 1.9 server. We have to do what is best for all players and the server. We can't refuse to adapt for a few die hard players who refuse to even consider a new style of pvp.

That said we don't want to alienate the players who have been loyal for years. You guys made the server what it is and have been 'loyal' for years. We don't want to just throw you into 1.9 and say "like it or lump it". It's a difficult position to be in for the server.

If the majority of the players are willing to give it 1.9 a try, and only a few die-hards refuse, then we have to make the switch. We will just have to say good bye to those players who care so little about the server that they would rather let it die then see it evolve and survive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2016 ---
    Disagree all you want Tezwar and Mario12space but it won't make a bit of difference in the end.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
  17. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    Thank you so much for addressing that Moonless. I know a lot of people hate the 1.9 update. I'm honestly not too fond of it myself, but Jack it right.

You guys need to make decisions to keep the server alive. The best way to do that is to attract more players, even if it means losing a few stubborn-minded old ones. I want you to know that other players and myself will stand behind you in the decisions that you make <3

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. MindTheBlocks

93/132

I really really really want the 1.9 for new building ideas, 1.9 is the dream for any builder xD and that Mending enchantment, I want that, but lets rather not start up the "1.9 debate" again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    #19 Mario12space, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Factions is not fun without having an HCF-style, look at how last map eventually turned out. This is another reason why the server and network was dying, no fun things to do, and that's what HCF has.

The people who play 1.9 on servers are just 10-year old who don't care about how badly it affects the majority of minecraft. There are many reasons why 1.9 is trash, and even if it could be made similar to 1.8, there would still be disadvantages which can kill off the server, which for some reason you don't understand. Spectral arrows, dual wielding, nerfed gaps and attack cool downs are all trash, no Factions player would want them.

Updating to 1.9 is basically setting a nuke off on the network. More people will quit then are now. The server would become infected with tons of kids who whine whenever they lose their stuff or die.

This is why the network is dying: We are simply stating what the outcome would be, and yet some people think the outcome is good, while in reality is bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. ylimes

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: ylimes
    #20 ylimes, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    if you like to express your opinion please dont use words like "cu@#s" or any other foul language to describe other players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.