1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

New Staff

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    43/66

Recently players have expressed concerns about not having enough staff. We listened and added four new staff members, one for each server, as well as promoting one of our mini-mods to full mod status. Unfortunately one of the new staff decided that it was not for them and declined our invitation. That still leaves us with 3 new trial mini-mods and a new mod, for the server, as requested by our players.

Each of the new staff will be asked to help out, when needed, on all 4 servers, however they will each have their own areas of expertise. This will be where you will see them the most and where they will concentrate their efforts when on line. If you do need a staff on a server and there is none present please try /find {staff name} to see if there is someone online in another game who may be able to help.

While we will still be looking at players to become staff, we will hold off for a little while to deal with training the new staff members and making sure that they are ready before we add more staff to train.

I want to keep this positive so let me say that those of you who have been disappointed at not being picked as staff, or who have been less than pleased with the choices we made, yet have stayed positive and given the new staff a chance to get their feet wet, thank you. Not everyone has been so welcoming.

We do warn new staff that not everyone will be happy about our choices and not everyone can be mature and respectful of other players and the server when expressing their displeasure. We do appreciate and want to thank those of you who are mature and respectful in your interactions with the new staff, as well as those of you who have supported them and nominated them.

For those of you who are not in the above group, please realize that harassing staff is against the rules and does nothing but disrupt the enjoyment of others, make the server less welcoming to new players, and contribute to lower player counts. It will not in anyway get your points heard or addressed. We have asked new staff to accept a limited amount of negative feedback, but we will no longer stand for harassment of the staff, new or accomplished.

If you do have issues with ANY staff, please submit a support ticket. The administration will look at it and find a way to address it. We will not ignore your concerns but you must follow the proper procedures for making those complaints for us to take them seriously. Please provide evidence as you would for a hackusation so we can properly evaluate both sides of the issue. We expect our staff to operate within the parameters that have been set and if they are not we need to hear about it.

Again thank you to those of you who have been respectful of the server and the new/promoted staff. We are trying to address issues you have shared with us and will continue to do so. This is only one of the things we have been working on and will not be the last.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Staff Bean x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    I'm tempted to write first...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    A good idea would be to demote CheerificJess as she abuses her powers (Ask @Tezwar, he knows what I mean).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

didnt you make this whole thread about you leaving?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    Look... As she said before. Provide proper evidence and ask for support. Don't openly harass staff. Also, if staff have looked at that thread and told you that she was mistaken, still learning, used the command wrong, ect., then respect their words, and just leave it. Stop bringing it up if it has already been resolved.

Thank you Moonless, for writing this to help some understand better what you guys are doing right now.

As far as the new staff, you guys have been doing excellent. I haven't been online with @CheerificJess or @Gurgi much, but on RR on invasion, a few people were spawn killing, and @ylimes took care of them. Ik it may not seem like that big of a deal, but I'm not used to problems like that being solved immediately. And @Gurgi and @CheerificJess, I know you guys must be doing great as well, I just haven't been online often enough.

I just want you guys to know, y'all are doing wonderfully, and I'll always be behind y'all

• Like Like x 3
    • Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
  6. Ben_TDW

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

she doesn't abuse power were you ever on when drsneaky was a minimod?? cheerificjess is awesome she muted tezwar hes annoying

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. karina

SNW Enthusiast
    43/66

I think we should have more players that have been around shock longer than a couple months.. And we need to have an age limit like before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Marcela
    I say cut off for people playing for 6+ months and 13/14+ because giving 12 year olds a big responsibility? That's nuts :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    I've been on the server since July and I don't think I'd make the best mod...

10. Koi

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: KoiYT
    Tez to be staff next time new staff are added, idc when that is!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ben_TDW

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

ye s they are and so is CheerificJess shes is doing great the servers good aslong as tezwar isnt staff

13. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    Can you learn to speak English before trying to post please?

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. NinjaCupcak3

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: NinjaCupcak3
    I haven't been on much since the new staff members got their positions, but I think @ylimes has been doing a swell job. I don't know about Gurgi, but he seems to be taking care of things. However, CheerificJess has too much power for her own good. Don't get me wrong, she's a sweet girl, but she has been interrupting friendly conversations between players, and has warned many people with little reason to do so. And I agree with @Celexa that staff members should be older. I think 15+ years old and at least 6+ months on Shock.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. trouvaille

Regular
    18/66

#15 trouvaille, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    I have a lot of big responsibilities in my school and out of school and I handle them perfectly fine. I'm sure other 12 yearolds can too. You shouldn't judge people on their ages. Some 12 yearolds can be just as smart as 13/14 yearolds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    #16 Mario12space, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
    I did leave, I only come on to talk or pvp someone if I feel like it

17. Shay

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: yehs
    I feel like we should know who the new staff members are before actually making them staff
    I only saw Jess for the first time on Wednesday

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

It's not a question of how smart they are, it's a question about how mature they are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Lusin

SNW Legend
    43/66

Minecraft account: Lusin
    Bruh, I agree. English is the worst language ever. It makes me sick to even type these words that you are reading right now.
    Bruh, when I have no chill, I stop having no chill and start having awesome instead. ...Bruh.

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

If you have proof please post it in a support thread. Otherwise please stop spreading hatred and negativity.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 19, 2016 ---
    CheerificJess has been on the server long enough for all the staff to know her, the players to nominate and vote for her, and the staff to observe her in game for weeks. The server can not wait for every single player to get to know every single potential staff before making a choice and we will not.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.