1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

New Staff Ranks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Let me start by saying thank you to all the players who have been so supportive and patient as we make fixes and adjustment to the server after the update. Some of you have been quite vocal in your support and we really appreciate your understanding. It’s like a jolt of caffeine for us, spurring us on when we are tired and beatdown from complaints and bugs. Thank you.

In case you were unaware, we have been trying to get things ready so that we can entice new players to the Network. With new players comes more fun but also the potential for more issues in chat. Shock Network aims to have a friendly, respectful, welcoming community that is safe for all players. To help with this we have restructured our staff ranks a tiny bit.

We have added two new ranks Chat Moderator and Mini Chat Moderator to our staff and are removing the rank MiniMod. Our reasons for this are two-fold. First, the mini-mod has essentially been a chat moderator so why not call them what they are. Second, the mini-mod title has always implied that the staff is “less” than a full moderator, sort of a moderator in training. It implies that their duties are less important than those of the Moderator. This is simple not true.

The Mini-Mod plays an extremely important role on the server. They are vital to our maintaining order and respect in chat. They are the first staff new player will usually see and, since we expect them to be in the game playing with the players, they can help us identify and fix any potential issues with the games that may come up. They have our fill confidence and are relied on very heavily.

As you may have guessed the new mini-chatmod position is training position. We are going to be trying to let more players into the staff ranks to get them trained before we start advertising and adding new players. This position is a temporary position, unlike Chat Mod. It will last no more than 30 days. At the end of that time, or before if we see fit, we will review the person’s performance and time spent on the server. If both seem to indicate that they are ready for a promotion we will make them a full Chat Mod. If not then we will thank them for their help and return them to player status. The player themselves may also decide that being a chat mod is not “fun” and may decide in that 30 days to go back to being a player as well.

The mini-chatmod will have limited permissions, warn and kick only, so they will not be able to go over board with punishments if they prove to be unsuitable for staff. This will allow us to give more players a chance at being staff and to see how they do when “given a chance”.

With the new time spent online tracking that Nick has implemented, we will be able to check to make sure our staff is active and performing their duties.

There may be more staffing changes as we go along and as we do make changes that impact our players we will keep you informed.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KamuiGakupo

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Marcela
    first
    omg :9
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 6, 2016 ---
    well can i say that how will chat mini's be determined? like how it already is?

3. johnmcphail

163/263

;) MiniChatMod ehh ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Crazyfish3223

SNW Enthusiast
    43/66

Lol after what I did I have no chance of *minichatmod* lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. johnmcphail

163/263

XD

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

Im too savage for mini chat mode [​IMG]

7. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Currently all staff are still being chossen as they always have been. I can not say if that will change or not.

8. ToxicThane :P

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: Thane_N7Krios
    I always thought minimod seemed a little strange....
    But now new staff are being added! :D

And people think shock is dieing *Pshh* Look at all the work that the staff does behind the scenes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

Chatmod sounds worse than minimod in my opinion

10. johnmcphail

163/263

They changed it because "MiniMod" sounded like a Mod with less power

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

That's because you are used to mini-mod. Once you think about it awhile and get used to seeing it I am pretty sure you will change your mind. We are now giving the mini-mods the respect the position deserves. They are moderators it's just that they specifically deal with the chat in game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. ToxicThane :P

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Like moon said it will take some time to get used to the new name.

Like say you lived in a town for 3 years. You are used to knowing your way around town and what not.
    Then you move to a new place, it takes time to get used to it.

Same works here

13. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    Nice!!! Thanks so much Moon, and all of staff!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

I mean I guess but in retrospect chatmod makes people think they have the authority of a mod but they on have control over chat It gives hackers a free "They cant stop us in the mine" Kind of look.

15. johnmcphail

163/263

well we can kick them........ and if we see a hacker we can tell staff and said hacker is almost instantly banned

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
    well if people are going to hack they're not going to care what prefix the staff have or not, they'll just do it

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

I guess but ill never respect a "Chatmod"

18. ToxicThane :P

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Y not @Lightbulb21?

They are people with emotions too
    ;-;

Cant we all just love/like each other?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. johnmcphail

163/263

you kinda have to bby

• Like Like x 1
    • Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

We fully support all of our staff no matter what thier title. Minimod never did have the ability to ban hackers and everyone knew it. The term mini implies less to everyone.

If a hacker saw "minimod" they wouldn't stop either. In fact hackers hack right in front of the owner. If someone is hacking they aren't usually known for thier overwhelming respect of authority figures in any form.

If you choose not to respect them just because we changed thier title then you will suffer the consequences of said disrespect. Your choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.