1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

New Hub and Skyrealms Optimizations

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    93/132

Minecraft account: Trent
    [​IMG]

The fellas over at Blockworks have put together a beautiful new hub for us! It's sort of a toy factory-steampunk-train-factory-modern-type-theme if you're looking for the technical term for it. This is the first thing that new players will see when joining the server and we hope that it impresses them and makes them want to stay!

Skyrealms
    Duels
    Skyrealms now has duels! You can duel other players and wage items. The cumulative island level that your stakes have show up in the wager GUI. Keep in mind that non block items (redstone dust doesn't but redstone blocks do) do not affect that number. You can view your duel ranks on your scoreboard or with /duel top commands.
    • /duel <name>
    • /duel accept or /duel reject
    • /duel top <wins,losses,stakes> - to view ranks
    How to Duel
    When making a duel, the creator gets to choose the map and can enable or disable the use of armor, weapons, and potions (includes gapples). This means that you can have a fight with just swords but no armor or potions. You can always choose to reject the proposed rules and make a counter offer!

[​IMG]

After you setup the match, the other player will be shown the settings and can accept or reject the request. If they accept, it opens a wager GUI where both players can add items. Once both players are happy, they can click accept and then a duel countdown starts!

[​IMG]
    The winner of the duel gets all the items!

Entities
    I've made some huge optimizations to how Skyrealms handles entities. Only read the next paragraph if you like technical things.

<technical jargon>Basically I forked Spigot and named it Shokkit that we will start running on all our servers. It heavily reduces entity logic to save on server performance. That means that when the server ticks every entity, it doesn't run through as many things. There is some sacrifice here. One of the big ones is that animals no longer follow their parents (cry). I've done my best to nerf the unimportant things like animals randomly looking around, following their parents, and other useless things while keeping the important logic such as attacking back if hit by a player.</technical jargon>

The performance gain will be huge and I will keep trying to find new ways to milk (poor cows) performance out of Shokkit. We will be able to increase mob spawn and per chunk limits to make grinders even more OP. We will slowly be increasing this limit as we see how the server handles 100+ players. However, there still might be some adverse effects we didn't encounter during testing. If you notice anything weird, make sure to let us know via our bug report section.

Misc. Fixes
    • New scoreboard on hub shows player count of all servers.
    • You can no longer /msg while muted.
    • /ignoring a player now works with messages and cross server (if you have them ignored on both servers).
    • Tons of more admin commands on Skyrealms.
    • Hugely optimized level calculations.
    • Bunnies fixed on Skyrealms.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: ExLuor
  3. LunaTickplaysMC

Regular
    18/66

What was wrong with the bunnies?

4. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

They all died because I removed some of their AI :( Fixed now though.

5. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: ExLuor
    They disappeared for no reason
    Murderer!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Snowball

SNW Legend
    43/66

7. MikePlayz

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Minecraft account: SexxyWatermelone
    Thought it would fix the rage problems in the mines, but nope. XD
    Have a nice day :)

8. Lukegthegamer

Regular
    8/66

Will we be compensated with more rabbit eggs?

9. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

I literally spawned tons and dropped 2 stacks :)

10. Elder Guardian Lord Overseer of Chats

SNW Legend
    63/66

I want to play again so badly. xD The duel system sounds cool, so does the new "Shokkit". Those poor bunnies though. :(

11. ProjectBanana

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Minecraft account: Jenine
    When Will You Make Factions Duels?

12. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Minecraft account: Bluuuu
    As soon as he sets it all up

13. enderdude103

SNW Legend
    28/66

14. Lukegthegamer

Regular
    8/66

Is there a way that individual islands that had a rabbit farm can be given 2 rabbit eggs to restart their farm? If not I have to spend a load of money to restart it.

15. gnimmaps

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: gnimmaps
    +1

16. Nick

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: SirNickParks
    Is that young 40+ tick gonna come along with Shokkit aswell ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.