1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

My Retirement and New Management

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by hawkfalcon, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkfalcon

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: Hawkfalcon
    Hello everyone,

It is with mixed feelings I write to you today. As you all know from this, I am now in college. I am having the best time I’ve ever had, learning a ton, making many new friends, and watching the world unfold before me like never before. I thought I’d be able to balance college with ShockNetwork, but alas, with all these new things I’m doing I don’t have the time to dedicate to the server to make it as awesome as I want to for you all. After much deliberation, I have decided that the best course of action for me, the server, and my lovely players is for me to retire. I will be leaving Minecraft altogether, not just ShockNetwork.

This was a very difficult decision for me to make because I have put so much time and energy into the server and I love you all so much. It has been over a year now that @drtshock and I decided to join up and make ShockNetwork, and I have grown so much, touched so many people, and been touched by so many others since. It has been 8 months since @FlamingPaw came on as my Co-Owner, and I could not have done nearly as good of a job without him by my side.

I have made so many great friends though minecraft, and will miss you all very much. You have changed my life and made me who I am today. Everyone from my amazing staff, my awesome players, my extraordinary developers, and everyone I have met will forever be a little part of me. Thank you.

With news of my retirement also comes another, brighter announcement. Since I will no longer be here to help you guys, and Paw has an occupation of his own that he is often busy with, we have chosen to take an important, enormous step forward in regards to who will run the server in our place. This is possibly one of the biggest events in the history of the Network itself, and it will bring many fantastic things to our community.

We have decided as a group to take on some new and fresh faces to help manage ShockNetwork and restore it to a glory that surpasses anything that’s happened before. These two wonderful people will become the heart and soul of the Network in place of Paw and I, and will work to implement new and exciting ideas which will brighten the future of the server. Under this new management, they and the existing Staff will accomplish great things.

@Double0negative and @Chasky, as you may have already noticed, are these extraordinary people.

Paw won’t be retiring with me. He will become the Global Head Admin, and will essentially have all the duties that he had before, without the title of Owner. All our current Staff are staying as well. The only thing that has truly changed is the exchange of Owner titles - a change that I believe is for the very best. Double0Negative and Chasky are two well-known, experienced, high-quality people that I could not be happier to give the ShockNetwork to, in order for them to help it flourish.

I am leaving the server in good hands. I promise. I wouldn’t leave if I thought otherwise.

Thanks for all the memories ~

hawkfalcon.

• Like Like x 30
  2. Rosethorne

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

#2 Rosethorne, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    <3

Despite knowing about this for a while, I still can't get over the sadness about you leaving. ;(

I know college life is demanding, and I'm so glad that you're having the time of your life. You should cherish those moments, and if you're too busy to balance both that and ShockNetwork, then we understand, and we will send you off with good wishes.

Just as you say the Network will be preserved in your heart, you will be preserved in its history, and the memories of the community - The Staff especially. We've had so many great and fun times. You were far from just a manager of a small business - You were a family member, and what I as well as many others consider to be a personal friend.

Even though I barely knew you from when you were just a co-owner, you quickly earned my trust, and I was so glad to be able to work with you for all these many months on the Network. You are friendly with everyone, and always worked hard to put the server's needs before your own. Those qualities will bring you far in life, so hold onto them.

And when one door closes, another opens. We will make absolutely sure that the server will prosper, even in your absence. Chasky and Double have proven themselves already to be fine owners, and you made a good decision in leaving Shock with them. This place will grow and become something amazing, bringing your legacy with it.

We won't forget you, Hawky. All of us here at the Network wish you luck, and hope you have an amazing life, both in college and beyond.

...But you better stop in every now and then. Can't have you not staying in touch. ;)

<3

• Like Like x 9
  3. Double0negative

Newcomer
    1/66

We will take good care of the server for you

• Like Like x 12
  4. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    #4 Mario12space, Oct 14, 2014
    Well where do I begin, it's been a great year with you ever since this server became shocknetwork. I was so happy to meet a new owner who wanted to put in as much offer as he could to a server that I loved. I had so much fun with you over the last 12 months and the work that you, @drtshock, and @FlamingPaw and all the other staff on here have done has made this the #1 server that I play on minecraft.

I'LL MISS YOU :( :( :( :tcry::hcry::hcry::cry::cry:
    (p.s I'm hoping that factions, prison, skyblock, and creative get kicked back up into the "popularity" fashion while your gone <3)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Narnia

Nocturnal Moderator
    93/132

Minecraft account: Narnia
    I am still and always will be sad about this.
    I will miss you so much, Bird. You believed in me and made me feel welcome, you are a loving person who deserves the best in life <3

Be good in college and enjoy every moment ;3

Kitty loves you <3

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. MyBrokenHorizon

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: FaZeLinkzy
    Man its so sad having to know that one of our great members aka you hawkfalcon is leaving us although you where a great person and a great friend i'll miss you bro:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::hcry::hcry::hcry::hcry::hcry::hcry::hcry::hcry::(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 2
  7. daelwolf

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: daelwolf
    Hawkfalcon,

I will miss you.

Your contributions to Shock and its people have not only been great ones, but ones that no other server owner could pull off successfully. You are undoubtedly one of my best friends through Minecraft, and our times together are ones that I will cherish. You have created enjoyable experiences for not only the staff, but the players you covet under your wing (pun intended), too.

You were always there for me through thick and through thin. You were my driving force, as I am sure is the same for many others. I truly do appreciate you being here and I hope you know that. You are a great person.

I appreciate you immensely, man. I will miss you. Words cannot express how much I will. <3 Keep in touch!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lucicer

Newcomer
    1/66

Hawk, You were one of the best owners ever. I will deeply miss you and hope for the best for you. Because of you the server has reached amazing heights. Hope you come back and visit. Hopefully we could meet again and have a drink :D

• Like Like x 4
  9. ThePigSaysOinky

Newcomer
    1/66

*splutters* NU
    Have a nice life there in college :)
    I didn't know you well, but I'll miss you anyway XD

• Like Like x 6
  10. Nick

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: SirNickParks
    lol k

• Like Like x 2
  11. MyBrokenHorizon

Newcomer
    1/66

lol ok dude honestly you could of said something nice instead of that :hwhat:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nick

Developer
    93/132

"All our current Staff are staying as well." I believe I have broken this, #AllHailTheWalrus

• Like Like x 2
  13. MyBrokenHorizon

Newcomer
    1/66

and you leaving hawk really caught me off guard and this really :hawkward:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nick

Developer
    93/132

You don't know the relationship me and @hawkfalcon had ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lavaluvshawk4ever

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

#15 Lavaluvshawk4ever, Oct 14, 2014
    This is one of the biggest, most tragic things for the server. We all love you, and as @Tnt_Tj said, you created invasion, the main reason why this server is still alive. We all trust your decision with the new management, but a small question whats Chasky's ign o_O. Anyway I'll hope that you will come back som e day to check on this server. Life is always before MC and it's great that you're going to college! We can't wait to see you back at snw. Sad to see you go, but you made the right choice. I am crying on the inside and outside man :( Good Luck!

• Like Like x 4
  16. MyBrokenHorizon

Newcomer
    1/66

well i mean it was kind of rude you get were im coming right

17. Dpasi314

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: Dpasi314
    All of your apostrophes are backwards for me.

I am sad. I am going to miss you. I hope you have a good time.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Tnt_Tj

Newcomer
    1/66

So said to see you go.

You were always an amazing owner, from LOF to shock. You were a great owner and it sucks to see such a good person go. I'm glad I knew you for 2-3 years. You were always the best.

• Like Like x 5
  19. daelwolf

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: daelwolf
    ChaskyT.

20. Lavaluvshawk4ever

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Ok thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.