1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

My Departure

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    1/66

Minecraft account: Trent
    As of today I am stepping down as owner of ShockNetwork. It's been two years since I first started the server that grew into this and it's not an easy decision or one I made lightly. I have poured so much work into this server over the years and have built relationships that I wouldn't trade for anything and hope that I don't lose.

I think it is more than fair to keep you guys updated on what's going on so I will explain myself.

Why Leave
    I'm leaving because I got an offer elsewhere that I can't turn down. I am 20 years old and not sure where I want to go in life but I know that building my resume and savings account are two great things to do at this point. I am not leaving because of anyone or anything with ShockNetwork.

What This Means
    @FlamingPaw will be taking my spot as owner of Factions. @hawkfalcon will take a larger role in running the network side of things with paw there to help him.

I am on the computer way more than I should be (it's my full time job, hobby, and life) so it's not like I'll disappear completely. I'll still be around to chat, still be on skype, and still be able to consult, answer questions, and help the transition that comes with my farewell. I'll still be around to help out when I'm needed with and be able to answer questions that the staff have.

Backstory
    I started this server with my brother, jsfreeman and smashdude on Febuary 9th, 2012, 2 years ago Monday. We started with just a small survival server and that August we added a factions server because survival was not making as much money as we hoped and factions seemed to be the hot thing at the time. The server was doing great and I was learning to write plugins. We then decided to try to expand into a network and have games. That went horribly and all the servers started to die. I ended up paying a lot of server bills out of pocket so we went back to just being a factions server and merging with Obdurocraft in May 2013. After that happened the server grew a ton and we had hundreds of players on. While this was going on the issue with scrappy happened where he wanted money for not doing anything so I devised a plan. I waited a few months til I had a few servers ready and hawk was ready to take his place and start a network. The network started off, well... just ok. We didn't have many players, we didn't bring in much money, and we weren't growing, we were dying. Luckily I had saved up money from previous months and we were able to buy a lot of advertising in December and brought the server from 20 players average to 150 players average. And then January we maintained our player base, made some updates, and bought more advertising in February and we have had over 400+ players on at once!

Farewell
    With my departure I won't be expecting any money or compensation after I leave. Just thought I'd clear that up.

It is difficult for me to leave my hard work behind especially in the midst of network growth. I hope that I can still maintain the relationships that I have with some of the staff members that I know outside of just Minecraft. You can still reach me on skype and I'm sure I'll check these forums every once and awhile.

Thanks to everyone that helped turn my hobby and hard work into something that thousands of people got to enjoy.

• Like Like x 25
  2. hawkfalcon

Newcomer
    13/66

Minecraft account: Hawkfalcon
    Very sad to see you go, my friend. Hope that life will treat you well, and wish you good luck in your ventures. I will do my best to make Shock the best server ever. I will miss you ;(
    - hawkfalcon

• Like Like x 14
  3. Slivur

Newcomer
    1/66

Well wishes with your future, DRT. Choices like this can be hard to make but as long as you feel it's best then that's all that matters.

• Like Like x 8
  4. EEL_CIRE

Regular
    1/66

:'(

• Like Like x 3
  5. ZeusAllMighty11

Newcomer
    1/66

I wish you the best, good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kirsty

Newcomer
    3/66

We'll miss you Drt :( thank you for everything you've done :3 I wish you the best in the future!

• Like Like x 4
  7. jsfreeman7

Regular
    13/66

well, where do i begin, you have always been there for me, ive been on your servers as staff for 2 years, there were some good times, some bad times, some funny times, you were there for me, to talk to me if i had a bad day, there for me if i needed help,

i wish you the best, and hope to see you around,

love you for ever ;)
    <3

~jsfreeman

• Like Like x 14
  8. FlamingPaw

Owner
    63/66

Minecraft account: FlamingPaw
    It has been an amazing experience being with you since early swarlo, and it is indeed sad to see you go. However always know that I always have, and always will support you wherever you go. I will work with hawk, and the rest of the staff to make this the best network it can be, and then some.

• Like Like x 11
  9. RossCar13

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: Rass
    Omg :( best of luck in the future, we'll miss you!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cry

SNW Legend
    43/66

Minecraft account: RIPBye
    I will miss you drt. Since we met long ago. I wish you the best where the future takes you. Until next time. :(

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mr.LOLZ

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

I've spent so much time on drt's servers it's so sad to see him go :( . Those good times on swarlo survival as huynhcliff and swarlo factions
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 13, 2014 ---
    I hope you come back when something goes wrong

• Like Like x 4
  12. Cysur

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Cysur
    I will miss you drt! I will always remember those good ol' days on Swarlocraft, deadlife ;p I will work with the other staff to help keep factions going strong. I have been around quite a while and it hurts to see you go ;(

• Like Like x 9
  13. ThunderkItty3000

Newcomer
    1/66

:( this sorta makes me want to cry. so much dedication it's beautiful.
    Good Luck with finding what you want to do. I know it's a tough situation and to stand on your own two feet firmly is a task of it's own.

• Like Like x 6
  14. MineeJammiee

Newcomer
    1/66

doubt you remember me but bye man :( it was good ! :D

• Like Like x 5
  15. Lolmewn

Newcomer
    1/66

So long, mate. I'm sure I'll see you around :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Stestifie

Newcomer
    1/66

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can we still do drunken Thursdays?!

• Like Like x 11
  17. Rosethorne

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

I would write something long and meaningful, but it has all been said already. Just be assured that this community will stay strong for you, drt.

We all love you, and we all will miss you.

Thank you for what you've done for us.

~Dikana101

• Like Like x 9
  18. quicktime115

Newcomer
    1/66

Thanks for everything drt. Obviously haven't been on for a while but I trust your decision with FlamingPaw

• Like Like x 7
  19. DSH105

Newcomer
    1/66

Nooooo :C

• Like Like x 3
  20. colefitz66

Newcomer
    1/66

Minecraft account: TrottingFox
    #20 colefitz66, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014