1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Mea Culpa

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonless

Administrator
    93/132

First of all I want to say that everyone makes mistakes and we are all human. We made decisions based on the best information we had available. We read the EULA multiple times as well as other posts that had come out about how to become compliant with the EULA. We were under the impression that we would not be able to offer ANY game impacting perks (here to known as GIP) through payment.

At the time the statements clearly said that we were able to compensate our users any way we wished EXCEPT for allowing them to keep GIPs (kits included). We went off many of the other servers who had either been blacklisted and become compliant and reopened or had changed before they got blacklisted.

However, it now seems that the game has changed, most probably due to the number of complaints that Mojang had received about the EULA issue. We obviously had missed one small paragraph in one post about what we were allowed to do. With the hours of work we have spent trying to make things work and trying to get updated, etc, we made a small error. It happens.

THE GOOD NEWS IS….Paw has decided to give everyone back their Network rank packages!! THANKS PAW! Anyone who had purchased anything prior to the reset will be allowed to keep their rank packages. New players, however, will purchase the new ranks that are EULA compliant. The prices of the new ranks will be reduced as well as they do not contain the same amount of perks as were in the previous packages.

Additions to the new ranks packages purchased after the reset (if any changes are made) will not impact the old rank packages. In other words if we add new cosmetics or companions or any other items old players will not be able to get those perks unless they buy the new rank and lose their old rank. If you purchased another perks, such as kit Redstone, you will also lose that. The only way to get any new items is to lose your grandfathered status, give up previous perks and conform to the new EULA guidelines.

We will NOT be adding anything into the old rank packages for any reason. If any of our plugins, that allowed us to give you perks before the reset, break, lose support, or have to be removed, we will not be replacing them. As is stated in the Terms of Service that you all agreed to when you made the purchases, we reserve the right to remove or change any purchased command or item.

This does NOT apply to the Factions players. Those permissions and ranks have been removed, as allowed in our Terms of Service. Factions is no longer on the Shock Network and so can not give you the Factions perks in a donor package. We will, however, still allow players to transfer their ranks over to the Infinite Raids server. Those ranks are EULA compliant and will stay so.

Please do not contact staff to vent your frustrations about rank transfers as they do not have any control in the matter. Please do not take it to the forums to hate on the server as the thread will be closed. If you have an issue make a support thread and the people able to deal with your issue will do so. Anything else will not be addressed and will not be considered a valid concern or suggestion.

These change will happen as soon as we are able but not before we have finished the updates to other servers such as Factions. We are a very small team of people and have a lot of work to do and this is not as easy a fix as you think it is. It will take time to set up and to make work. Just be patient.

Thank you to JewishJerky who happened to bring this to our attention, although not in a constructive or helpful way. This is an example of how using the correct posts will get you changes faster than complaining and accusing. Do not think for one minute that the reason we are doing this is because of your complaints. This is taking place because we were given incorrect information and then found out that what we had thought was not true. Paw is allowing this to happen because he is a generous person, too generous if you ask me. If someone had tried to make this point earlier, and in the correct place, we would have been able to make corrections long ago and we could have all avoided a lot of trouble.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Staff Bean x 1
    • Detective x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. NinjaCupcak3

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: NinjaCupcak3
    First
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 16, 2016 ---
    Thank you Paw! Thank you Moon!
    So does this mean we'll have access to /kit on SkyRealms with our old ranks?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Yes it does...it also means that all rank kits will be available for purchase with bolts in the bolts shop

All kits and commands that you ranked players get will have to be available either directly or indirectly to non-ranks players. So they have to be able to buy the perks with bolts.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NinjaCupcak3

SNW Legend
    93/132

Thank you so much! Also thank you for taking the time to write all this up, deal with everyone, and change some things to make everyone happy! You're doing such a swell job!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. johnmcphail

163/263

6. MedaKnightMC

Regular
    8/66

So Does This Mean factions will be open to all players in a day or two??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    Awesome!
    (Now I really do wish I bought Elite before the update xD)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. J0ry

93/132

Hmmmmm..... that kinda makes me not wanna get hero anymore lmao. Thanks @JewishJerky and staff for all the detective work!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Shay

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

Minecraft account: yehs
    Literally still happy I get my two plots and /me on creative.
    That's really all I care about lmfao

10. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

thats not what she said at all dude it will come out when it comes out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MindTheBlocks

93/132

Thank you Moon.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, this means that no one with a rank before the reset will be able to get things like the monthly credits, be able to have a shop on there island (which made me pretty happy), get the bolts multiplier, get head drops and so on, unless you buy/upgrade to the new rank status, BUT in doing so you will lose not just your rank kit, but any other kit you bought, such as /kit clay /kit glass and your /fly as well?

If so, is it possible to give players the option for a certain time period to rather go with the new ranks than the old ranks? Cause I don't know what the credits and so on will be used for so far, but some players would rather have that than there rank kits on skyrealms, where people with all the kits and fly would rather stick to their old rank

12. beastmode

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

so rip factions basically?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NinjaCupcak3

SNW Legend
    93/132

Just be patient. It'll come out when it's ready. Don't rush it. Or it will become a small animal and hide back in its comfort zone because you scared it too much and now it doesn't want to come out.

• Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Me27000

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Me27000
    So, I'm guessing since /fly wasn't a kit we still won't have it? Or is that included in the "grandfathered in" thing?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    It doesn't take 10–11 days to release factions and a lot of people are starting to get annoyed. I get its 1.7.10 and shit but come on.

If it's a separate server, explain why it says "ShockNetwork Factions" on the MOTD?

Also on factions will there be a way to get kits that would've been with the ranks with some sort of credit form from what I heard a week or two ago?

Also do the new rules apply to Factions or no?

One more thing, how will Factions get promoted and get more players in the future?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. beastmode

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

you staff realize other server have became eula compliant to their faction servers and they still have kits, so why does it affect facs to the point where there is no kits now? its retarded -.-

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. MindTheBlocks

93/132

#17 MindTheBlocks, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Or maybe its just not "pay2win" anymore, I don't know, just maybe.

Someone get him a glass of water so that he can calm down please and I don't get it, if you all complain so much after some of you left and talk about all servers that give this and that, way don't you just go join or stay on that server? Things for this server would be much better than keeping your ungrateful ass happy, you guys have been complaining about factions for I don't know how long and to go back to 1.7 and now that the server is trying to keep you all happy by giving it to you on a separate server in 1.7 you will find something new to complain about.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Staff Bean Staff Bean x 1
  18. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

I'm going to go out on a limb and say by the end of the weekend. That is a prediction though, not a guarantee.

19. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Now where in all that I wrote did you get that? If you don't want to take the time to read the post please don't comment. It just confuses people who did read it. And since your comment make zero sense in terms of what was posted ....fudge and tomato sauce

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Did you EVER read the EULA? If you had you would realize that your statment is far from truthful. No server who is EULA compliant can give out kits to players for hard cash or in a rank package. Please I beg of you, read before you comment!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.