1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Invasion 3.0

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    93/132

Minecraft account: Trent
    [​IMG]

After just a day of testing, the new version of Invasion is ready for full release! I'd like to thank @mncat77 for all his hard work over the last 10 days to make this release possible as well as Blockworks for making some awesome new maps!

Highlights
    • New way of getting classes
    • No more 'team glitch' or anything of the like
    • Queue system in lobby so you need to opt in joining instead of auto joining
    • Pick a class before you get teleported to the game
    • Updated scoreboards in lobby and game
    • Lobby countdown starts once 4 players join and auto starts at 20
    • Max of 30 players per game (can easily be changed if necessary)
    • Points are converted upon first join
    • 3 new maps by Blockworks!
    • Removed least popular maps: elephant, soulfrost, skycave, damp earth and hell pool.
    • No ranks in chat.
    • Points are no longer indicative of who is the 'top player'. We will reimplement leader boards based on stats (kills, wins, and percentages) at a later time.
    • Parties! You can now make parties with /party commands.
    Classes
    You now need to use your points to purchase classes, they do not auto unlock classes. You can do this to purchase classes that you want and not waste your points on classes you don't use. Your points from the old version will carry over and you can use those to purchase classes.
    • If you had all of the classes unlocked from the old version because of points, you will have to purchase each class to use it.
    • Classes are still unlocked with purchased ranks. You can view which rank unlocks which class on Buycraft.

You can purchase classes in the lobby before joining a game. Do so by clicking the gold sword, then clicking on a class that you have not yet purchased. It will then come up with confirmation window to purchase on which you'll need to click the green icon to complete your transaction.

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. lampple3

SNW Legend
    43/66

Minecraft account: lampple3
    #2 lampple3, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    -1 I hate this update, if invasion will not go back to normal and stay like this, I will never gonna play this sever again. But I will still play skyrealms, factions and creative!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kai

SNW Legend
    43/66

Minecraft account: BlockIy
    Aww they deleted some of my favourite maps,even hellpool,okay some people hated the fact that spawn greif was so easy but maybe next time not have a massive pool of lava over their heads?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2015 ---
    I is not happy

Attached Files:

4. Nexus__

Regular
    3/66

#4 Nexus__, Sep 26, 2015
    I can't join a game, I'm just stuck at lobby and losing hunger. and /party doesn't work please fix. I do like the new class system.

5. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    List of what is broken:

-Everything split down into:

-Team mates can kill each other.
    -All the classes have been nerfed. (Even took Speed II away from Scout)
    -The new maps are average to moderately poor.
    -Ranks don't have their extra hearts.
    -It is extremely laggy.
    -Bad classes are way too expensive.. Thor is 36k and it is terrible.

#BringBackOldInvasion2015

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kai

SNW Legend
    43/66

Screenshot from 2015-09-26 14:24:04.png Screenshot from 2015-09-26 14:16:17.png Screenshot from 2015-09-26 14:17:50.png Screenshot from 2015-09-26 14:20:22.png *"drtshock's butler*@drtshock you have some visitors at the door,a uh angry mob of your players seem to be upset over the new invasion server,personally I hate it too but these people are holding pitchforks torches and rakes so I think you need to talk to them.'
    Even @ToxicClaire is so shocked over the new one shes been paralysed ._.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nadya

Absolutely Shocking
    243/263

Minecraft account: Nadya
    I agree with lampple3. I will not play Invasion at all until this update doesn't go back to normal, or changes so it is slightly the same as old Invasion.
    I is also not happy :I
    -iiUnicorn :>
    Just do /join. Then pick a class, and wait for a new game to begin :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. MineDicker

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

-1 I lost all my classes from my rank and now I can't even get the classes back!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Berry

Absolutely Shocking
    163/263

Minecraft account: BerryBlue_
    I am not a fan of this new invasion. Like Tezwar said, the classes are WAY to expensive. I twice got kicked and the message that appeared on the screen said fly hacking is not allowed. I do not fly hack. Both me and my brother, Lucrazor, think that you shouldn't have taken away those maps. I don't think I will be playing invasion as much as before. If you could at least make points easier to get or make the classes less expensive, then I might be convinced to keep playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
    Looool Claire.

But I do like this update, I'm just sad to see Hellpool go :( Also, Scout has speed 1 instead of speed 2...... I don't really like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kai

SNW Legend
    43/66

#11 kai, Sep 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MineDicker

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

And you can kill your teammates xD

13. Hilton10

Regular
    3/66

This new invasion is horrible

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Andribbles

Newcomer
    3/66

Ok, I just want to say, that invasion just got bad. I have 20,000 points, and my favorite class is 22000. Since when was Tank more expensive than Thor? Thor is supposed to be 16k. not 32k. that's just terrible. by the time people get to 32k, you guys will reset the server. I want the old invasion now. The new one is terrible. Please go back, and give me 20255 points. That's how many I had. :D oh yeah. -1.

15. Hilton10

Regular
    3/66

The classes cost too much to buy, Even Claire cant buy many.
    Before it was hard for people to progress, now with the costly classes and team killing its even harder.
    Also mobs can spawn, you lose hunger, You can kill people in your team, Pompie wasn't added. xD

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. OceanLapis

93/132

Drt people are going a bit crazy. Is there anyway you can fix this? Guys also don't go all mad at drt because he works hard to help the server and invest so much time into it. Now we all must be patient and let him fix it. Rushing him doesn't help you or anyone it just causes more stress. Now please give him time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Sofia

SNW Legend
    93/132

wow is all i can say. in a negative way.. good job. ._.
    can you please stop being a tryhard and just be yourself? by the time he'll get on again, he'll know what needs to be fixed, and so it's not just all scattered. and we're not mad, we're just stating what's wrong. ok so yeah maybe we're mad.

18. Link75723

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Minecraft account: LinkHeroOfLight
    Might be mad... So what are the chances exactly?

19. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    lel rip invasion 2k15

20. Sofia

SNW Legend
    93/132

pretty sure it was rip 2k14

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.