1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Back Baby Doll!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    43/66

Minecraft account: Trent
    #1 drtshock, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    In light of recent events, I asked Drew and Hawk if I could have the server back to rebuild it and restore integrity to the name that I spent years building. After some heavy persuasion, I finally convinced them and got control of things. That happened Sunday and we have been working hard all day long ever since (except Thanksgiving dinner).

With my ownership, there will be a lot of changes. Some going back to how I used to do things, some to new things. I understand people generally resist change, but just give it a shot and see what happens.

Because of some disgruntled people, we had no choice but to rebuild almost everything from scratch. A lot of our data was lost / corrupted and piecing it back together just to get the same, broken product didn't sound like fun. That's why we decided to start almost completely fresh! Today, we are releasing 3 servers. We will release more in the future but we wanted to be able to release 3 solid servers instead of a lot of servers that aren't so solid.

Factions
    Factions was and will once again be the flagship of this network. It's what helped it grow into a network, and what helped us purchase advertising a year ago to grow the server again. We have worked very hard to bring you guys an awesome Factions server built by dedicated people that know what they are doing.

Risk
    Risk was written over 2 years ago and was on the network last year. It never got much of our attention and was not a very easy game for new players to pick up. I've spent over a month with @squidicuz and @t00thpick1 working on redoing almost the entire game to make it really awesome. You can now rank up, see your stats, pick teams, purchase upgrades, and it utilizes brand new Minecraft features.

Invasion
    Invasion was by far the most popular part of the network over the last year. We of course put it back on here but were unable to recover data so we were forced to start over on stats. We understand how frustrating this is after many of you worked so hard to level up to unlock classes but I hope you understand I had no control over losing stats. We hope you have even more fun leveling up the second time than you did the first.

My Team
    A new team of staff was desperately needed. I wanted to build a new network and needed people I could trust to get the job done. The people that helped me do this and are now the current staff are:

Owner
    drtshock

Admins
    FlamingPaw
    ChaskyT
    Deathsnake138
    Pitviper
    Dpasi134

Moderators
    BlueDiamondMiner

Minimods
    None

All staff ranks are global but staff will of course have areas where they focus. We will be looking for new staff members, but please don't jump the gun and get over anxious. Remember that we have a lot to deal with so inundating us with questions about how to apply, how your application is, and anything else will just lead us to not want you.

Purchased Ranks
    Because we are reworking our network, we needed to rework ranks. Factions has the same rank system and all of your ranks are on there and they are up to date. Factions ranks will be separate from other parts of the network so Invasion and Risk have a separate ranking system that is starting fresh. If you wish to have your rank moved from Factions to the network, please create a support thread here.

Minigame ranks:
    Cadet - $4.99/month
    Petty Officer - $9.99/month
    Officer - $18.99/month
    Officer lifetime - $69.99
    Commander lifetime - $119.99

Perks for those ranks can be found on Buycraft.

Ads
    I spent $5006 of my own money on ads for the month of December on minecraft-server-list.com. Since taking the network back meant starting with no money, I felt like it was necessary to do something to bring in new players so they can see how awesome of a place it is.

Other Changes
    There will be a lot of other changes that I haven't mentioned here. Things like rules, how the staff team works, how we recruit staff, who has access to what, how we spend money brought in from purchases, and other things. Feel free to ask any questions you have in a civil way so we can help you out :) Remember that we are here to have fun just like you guys are.

• Like Like x 23
  2. Dpasi314

Developer
    93/132

Minecraft account: Dpasi314
    YAY

• Like Like x 1
  3. tcd0417

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

So amazing :D

4. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    AW HELL YA IVE BEEN WAITING THIS SINCE IDK LOL

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cysur

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Cysur
  6. Link75723

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Minecraft account: LinkHeroOfLight
    Yeah!! Greatest comeback ever since Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sofia

SNW Legend
    93/132

So glad that the server is up now! Thanks for coming back to the server. :D

8. XeLPhor

Regular
    8/66

Minecraft account: ep1K_x3LPhor
    Alright - sweet its up and live again, BUT, to lose all of the classes countless hours were spent in to build up just to be downgraded a second time (invasion)? Very frustrating. Can't there simply be a cross reference of the bad database as to how many points users had previously and restore them to that level? I personally don't plan on starting over. Also not digging the frag to hub and out either. Imo totally ruins the invasion fun. What if you're a creeper, you hit shift once and you're out of the game? I understand you guys worked hard to get this back and I appreciate it. These are my quick at a glance first impressions, which are well, unsatisfactory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

@XeLPhor I had no control over the people that wiped the databases. We did everything we could with what we had given to us. Unfortunately, invasion was completely wiped and all stats with it.

10. Noah ohcrums

Newcomer
    1/66

Im not gona lie its a Desent server but if you ask me it was way better before this change when Deadlife was there and we had our kits and points and ranks! Now i was just baned for saying its a terible server but im not gona lie here it IS! and i'm quiting Snw.io and im going to continue to protest against theese changes do what you want ban me or just leave it but this is what i think and i think everything that was done NEEDS TO BE UN-DONE

• Like Like x 1
  11. XeLPhor

Regular
    8/66

Minecraft account: ep1K_x3LPhor
    Yeah, that totally sucks. I guess as financial and time allows a more substantial DR uptime/downtime strategy both lagged, tested, and deployed would be beneficial.

P.S. - I would assume you would be able to track ips and accounts of who damaged this data? As a financial entity and you suffering a loss as this, costing down time and potential loss of income due to it, perhaps a legal/law suit would be of interest to penalize those guilty and accountable and retain any incurred and projected losses etc.

12. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

We have a more redundant system in place as well as offsite backups now.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Try viewing this with a bit more optimism and seeing that we did everything we could with what we were given :)

13. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Well then

14. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

I really hope someone gets the reference.

15. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

• Like Like x 4
  16. Chao_neng123

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

Minecraft account: MitsukaSouji
    ;( i miss the ol shock i was getting into skyblock even more now oh and some advise maybe you can set up a backup drive just in case

17. Narnia

Nocturnal Moderator
    93/132

Minecraft account: Narnia
    Welcome back Drt. Much love and hope for the future<3

• Like Like x 2
  18. SnakeMastah1

Absolutely Shocking
    43/66

Minecraft account: _SnakeKing_
    We should be able to get our invasion points back. Can members post screenshots from invasion to prove how many points they have. Post a screenshots or video or you in game, get your classes back, everything back to normal.

19. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

No sorry. That just wouldn't be fair to people that don't have screenshots.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LittleMissCake

SNW Legend
    43/66

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.