1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell and thanks for all the fish....

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Moonless, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Moonless

Administrator
    43/66

Hi everyone,

Well if you have not seen it yet there are some major changes happening right now with Shock. Trent is back and will soon be opening an Invasion server using his own version of Invasions and the Shock domain. We are all super excited to see what Trent will produce when he is in charge and can focus on just one server. We know it will be great!!

You might be feeling a little apprehensive, along with your excitement, wondering what is happening with the other servers on the network. Unfortunately, they are being terminated. This is a fresh start for Trent and he will have all his attention and resources focused on one server, starting fresh and using his own code.

That said, Paw, Nick, and I are making our own fresh start with a new project Helios Gaming, a gaming community stretching beyond just Minecraft into other types of games. Our new website https://heliosgaming.net will be up this weekend and we invite you all to check it out.

We will be going live this weekend with our first Garry's Mod game, TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) and we will also have be inviting a few players to help us do a soft opening of our new Minecraft network this weekend before we open it as a beta server to the general public.

Our new Minecraft network, heliosgaming.net, will include a Survival and SkyWars server for our soft opening. We will be adding a Creative server soon, with a twist for our hard core builders, but we need to make sure that the SkyWars and Survival servers are up and working properly first. We hope that these servers will give our players a good range of types of gameplay while letting us start small and keep quality and community at the highest levels.

To be totally honest, we have been considering this for quite a while. Trent’s decision to start his own Invasion server using the snw.io domain spurred us into action faster than we had anticipated but this was always a dream of ours.

Please know that this is not Shock with a new name. This is a completely different network and has no affiliation to Shock, new rules, new servers, and a new vision. We have some big plans for the future but we can only make them happen with players like you at our side and in our corner.

Helios Gaming is going to be all about the players. We are going to be taking suggestions and input from players and relying on our players to help us grow into something special. We hope to make a new home for our players at Helios. You are the ones who will help us build and grow.

We know you probably have a lot of questions about the changes so please feel free to ask. We have been dying to tell you everything and now we finally can. We want to be as transparent as we possibly can be.

Thanks,
    Paw, Moon, and Nick

• Staff Bean x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. johnmcphail

163/263

Farewell, old friend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fingy

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Fingy2Hawt
    oh

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MindTheBlocks

93/132

Bye everyone!

5. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
    Bye!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zakarus

Regular
    18/66

well goodbye old friends, goodluck with the server

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deathdaman

Absolutely Shocking
    263/394

Minecraft account: Dxmxn
    Another one bites the dust...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ToxicClaire

143/263

Minecraft account: ToxicClaire
    Bye!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. starworkz

SNW Legend
    43/66

Minecraft account: starworkz
    not sure how i feel about this but ok

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Narnia

Nocturnal Moderator
    93/132

Minecraft account: Narnia
    To the Bat Cave!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rohirrim

SNW Legend
    28/66

Well invasion was dead anyway. Everything was dead. So it's hard to believe the new Invasion will have players...... Good luck guys.

12. Nadya

Absolutely Shocking
    243/263

Minecraft account: NADYA
    you were right, this is something none of us expected lmao

13. Moonless

Administrator
    163/263

Well at least I delivery on my promises. I won't have to step down as Shock Network admin now.... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  14. LegoMan

Regular
    3/66

#14 LegoMan, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Who knows, maybe this will turn out ok. I've played shock for years and despite all its problems, it'll always be my favorite for the community it has created. Thanks for the memories shock!

• Like Like x 2
  15. J0ry

93/132

FeelsBadMan

16. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

If there is a ttt server going up let me know

17. Nadya

Absolutely Shocking
    243/263

Minecraft account: NADYA

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

I meant that as "tell me when its up" I am already annoyed other than the fact we would have to purchase more eula ranks to support another server .-.

19. ToxicEmma

163/263

Minecraft account: ToxicEmma
    it's a totally different server... of course you'd need to get new ranks

20. Lightbulb21

SNW Legend
    43/66

My question is, how do you support a server where you have no money ads or active player base?

• Agree Agree x 3