1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Factions Reset May 13th

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by drtshock, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtshock

Founder
    18/66

Minecraft account: Trent
    #1 drtshock, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Factions hasn't gotten much love from us lately and for that I apologize. We've been focusing primarily on Skyrealms and then on Invasion, leaving Factions feeling like a fat chick that no one wants to do anything with. That changes today!

Resetting
    We are resetting Factions on Friday at approximately (see edit below). We will be resetting everything except your ranks on there. The servers needs a lot of love and after the dupe last weekend, we feel a reset is in the server's best interest.

EDIT:
    Due to not being able to finish the server up as quickly as anticipated, we are not going to be releasing the reset at the scheduled time. We are delaying it somewhat indefinitely. It will open when we are happy with the final product (ideally some time this weekend). I sincerely apologize to have to reschedule as I know a lot of you were excited and planned your day around getting on just as the server was being released. Our way of making it up to you will be having an awesome new Factions server :)

EDIT2:
    Thanks for your patience guys (well, most of you)! The server is just about ready, just needs some final testing. We will be resetting in a little under 24 hours at 2pm CDT (GMT -5) on Wednesday, May 13th. At that time, I will post an announcement with all the info you need to know about the reset :)

OMG MY STUFF
    Yes, we don't like resetting because it means you guys lose all your hard work. Our hope is that you have fun for a few days knowing that nothing you do will be saved and then work extra hard to get to the top after the reset :)

In the mean time, /kit pvp is free until the reset and can be redeemed every 5 minutes.

OP or Non OP?!?!?!??!
    There always seems to be a huge debate over how we make the Factions server. When we make it non op, people cry for op, when we make it op, people cry for non op. @DeathSnake138 dug up some files from an old version of the server that did very well and we will be building off of that. We really hope you enjoy how things are setup :)

Pay To Win
    Our goals with the last reset were to make the server as un pay to win as possible while still making it fun. While we did a great job of making it un pay to win, we also made it not as fun and having it cost more money to run than it brought in over the last few months. We will be going back to similar monetization plans that allowed us to buy huge advertising when Factions was the only popular server on the network. The goal is not to milk tons of money out of you guys, but to bring enough money to keep Lancey around as well as get more youtubers and advertising slots. Factions was much more fun when it had 100+ people on it like Skyrealms now does :)

Other Stuffs
    Bashur and Clara are back together and are finally doing ok. Bash will be resuming his series on the server this week/weekend. He will be recording on Skyrealms and then the final two videos on Invasion. We are not having him record on Factions because he has/had his own Factions server that we do not want to compete with.

We are also working on a new game mode for the network. It is not prison and not a minigame. It's a server type that will do very well with Lancey's subs and I am super duper excited about it :) My hope is to have this up by the end of the month for summer!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Minecraft account: Bluuuu
    I just got to 1000 on axes. Hope it gets better after the reset

3. Robert

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

:tcry:Sad to see all my hard work to regain from the last reset has to go

4. DrSneaky

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: ExLuor
    Will bans reset too? :eek:

5. Naryus

Absolutely Shocking
    93/132

NOT PRISON!!!!

6. tcd0417

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Yay a reset i predicted right! And :( someday prison will return lol

7. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Did you guys pay bashur to record

8. Robert

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

A few suggestions for the reset:
    Increase the world border?
    Change/enlarge PV's?
    Decrease the /wild cooldown? (45mins is ALOT compared to other servers)
    Bring back /d ?

Just a few SUGGESTIONS! Some of my ideas to make the server more fun!
    Hope you take these into consideration.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2015, Original Post Date: May 6, 2015 ---
    OH Last Question:
    Is the chest in wilderness thing a bug or part of the reset?

9. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Add more tnt and obsidian to kits

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

Minecraft account: Trent
    I won't be responding to suggestions posted on here, for the most part, but we are reading and considering all that are posted.

11. Robert

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

Great :D

12. Kman

Regular
    1/66

NO MCMMO Maybe

13. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

#13 Bluuuu, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    No please

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    Bigger player vaults please!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bluuuu

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

Not too big though

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Fingy

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Fingy2Hawt
    Can you lemme keep my glorious Shock Cookies ;c
    They my precious babehs

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    Nice, the only thing i'm not fond of is the time >.> I'd move it to like 3pm CDT as thats when most people are home from school, like me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert

SNW Enthusiast
    18/66

I agree

19. TheGreyWolf

SNW Legend
    28/66

Minecraft account: TheVigilantWolf
    Whatever happened to that huge debate against Lancey and how he framed someone? Or did people just kinda shove that in the past.

20. TheHebrewsHammer

Build Team
    18/66

Minecraft account: HammersCreations
    Mario they are resetting the server at that time so People can play the factions server when they get outta school. People generally get home at around 3pm so they have roughly 2 hours to get it all situated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.