1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Factions 1v1 Tournament

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Cry, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cry

SNW Legend
    1/66

Minecraft account: Bye
    #1 Cry, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

We are hosting a tournament on Factions this weekend! The tournament will be 1v1, and the loser will be eliminated while the winner will proceed to the next round. This is a last man standing type of death match. The top 3 players will get some awesome prizes!
    How will it work?

The match will be setup and organised by a staff member where the two players will compete in a head to head. The loser of the round will be eliminated from the whole tournament and alts will not be allowed to compete. The winner will then move onto the next round where he will compete again for a chance to continue. Once we are down to our final two competitors, they will then compete in a final 1v1. The winner of the tournament will be the one who survives.

Rewards

1. $50 Amazon, iTunes, or Steam gift card. Or $75 SNW Voucher.
    2. $25 Amazon, iTunes, or Steam gift card. Or $37.50 SNW Voucher.
    3. $10 Amazon, iTunes, or Steam gift card. Or $15 SNW Voucher.
    Rules
    • No hacks or any client which gives you an advantage.
    • No alts.
    • If you lose, you're out.
    • Be respectful and act maturely depending on how you favour during the tourney.
    • All other regular rules for factions.
    • Matchups will be randomly generated.
    • No outside items. We will provide kits.
    • Logout or disconnect, for any reason, results in a loss.
    • mcmmo and faction power loss will be disabled.
    • No gapples.
    How do I sign up?
    If you wish to enter the tournament then please comment on this thread your IGN and timezone.

Do not post a signup on this thread as it will be invalid. This thread is for tournament related discussion.

Setup
    We will do bracket play. Placements will be randomly assigned once we close signup. You will have a 1v1 match on the Factions server with your opponent. Kits will be provided. The winner will move on and the loser will be done. Once we get to the final four, we will get the top from that field. The losers of the semifinal will have a third place match.

The entire tournament will be Friday - Sunday this weekend. We will be completing as many matches as possible as quickly as possible so please pay attention to the announcements and Twitter for updates on when your match will be.

Bracket will be setup like this:​
    [​IMG]
    EDIT:
    Due to network issues with OVH, we will be delaying the rest of the matches until next weekend when we move to a new host. There will be no more rubber banding and hit detection lag. The arena will still be open to practice 1v1s with the kits as long as an admin is there to proctor it. Matches will resume Friday, Jan 30th at 6pm CST. Anyone that has a match in round 3 that is not on at that time will be disqualified. http://challonge.com/snw1v1

Our apologies for this misfortune. It became very clear how poor our current host's connection really is once the tournament started. This will also give people time to get recording software for the final 8 matches.

Because @EEL_CIRE was banned during a final 8 match and didn't record, despite the rules saying so, we will be doing a rematch where him and Shadow both record themselves. This was an oversight on my part.

• Like Like x 7
  2. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

Minecraft account: Trent
    Can't wait to see the intense competition!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Link75723

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Minecraft account: LinkHeroOfLight
  4. heavenlycjx

Regular
    6/66

Minecraft account: The_Slapdragon
  5. Link75723

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Minecraft account: LinkHeroOfLight
    Yeah I'm hosting another tournament in another tread. But both of these tournaments will occur at different days so they don't conflict with each other.

But that is something else so, back to the REAL tread!

6. Lewis Mason

Banned
    6/66

7. crazydukky

Regular
    1/66

8. heavenlycjx

Regular
    6/66

Minecraft account: The_Slapdragon
    This will really prove who should be on that top 10 pvpers thread

9. Fingy

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Fingy2Hawt
    I wanna try and fail miserably!
    woo I wanna fight people cuz no gapples and no mcmmo

10. mydoggybobisback

Regular
    6/66

11. Rosethorne

Absolutely Shocking
    63/66

Dat snazzy decor at the top of the thread tho

I'm kinda excited to see who comes out on top. This reminds me of the Hunger Games tourney we had a billion years ago.

12. TheSexyWaffle

SNW Legend
    63/66

I suck at pvp, but I can't pass up the opportunity of an Amazon gift card! :D This sounds like incredible fun!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    Aw yeah I will rekt some nubs these weekend ;)

14. Snapdragon

SNW Legend
    63/66

Minecraft account: Snapdragon
    What are the kits? o_O. I'm best at gapple, but if it's something like health pots, it's gonna be tough for me...

15. Mario12space

SNW Legend
    93/132

Minecraft account: Mario12space
    Wait no gapples? -.- at least put in instant health 4 pots or something cause I do not like fights that last literally 5 seconds >.>

• Like Like x 1
  16. thegoose

Newcomer
    1/66

ill join =3

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shadowbane1063

Newcomer
    1/66

LETS GO! Game on! (Even though i'm not that good)

18. clydeaker

SNW Legend
    28/66

I don't mean to brag but... I'm going to win.

19. TheRichMan202

SNW Enthusiast
    8/66

We all know i'm the best...

20. mathias

Newcomer
    1/66

i join my ign is matmazter and my time zone is denmark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.