1. You can connect to our network with play.snw.io.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, I hope you're having a great day!
    Dismiss Notice

Builder Applications!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Chasky, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chasky

SNW Legend
    28/66

We have been having people inquiring about becoming a builder for the server. So we've decided to start pulling together a build team. If you have ever felt like being a bigger part in ShockNetwork, then this is the opportunity for you!

When selecting builders, here are certain areas we will be looking at:
    • Area of expertise
      We do not expect everyone who will be applying to be good in all the following areas, however we do expect that you are good in at least 2-3 areas. If you are only good in one, you will not be accepted.
      Interior
      It's good if you can build an amazing house, castle, or whatever, but it won't mean much if you can't go inside it since it's unfurnished.
      Structures
      A structure can be anything from a bridge, a house, anything. The more unique and creative it is, the more points you'll score.
      Terraforming
      The ability to modify the terrain into something beautiful. Whether it be by hand, WorldEdit or VoxelSniper, however you do it is up to you.
      Detailing
      Detailing can be anything from turning a flat wall into an interesting work of art or decorating the landscape. We will be looking at how much detail you put into your builds.
      Naturals
      By naturals, we refer to how you work with the landscape. Trees, rocks, anything natural.

• Knowledge of basic building tools
      WorldEdit and/or VoxelSniper. If you have no knowledge of using WorldEdit whatsoever you will not be accepted. If you have knowledge of VoxelSniper, that will be a huge bonus.

• Build style
      If your only building style is medieval, you will not be accepted. However if you can build in other styles as well as Medieval, you will be accepted. We are looking for uniqueness and creativity! The more styles you are comfortable building with, the better.
    Still think you have what it takes?

I will be the Head of the Build Team, so I am in charge of selecting who makes it into the build team. We will be having an application for this on the forums, found here: https://snw.io/threads/builder-application.8469/

If you don't get accepted first try, don't let that get you down! I will be providing constructive criticism on every denied application to show you where you can improve and where you can work on. Feel free to apply again later once you feel you have improved yourself!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. drtshock

Founder
    163/263

Minecraft account: Trent
    First!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheHebrewsHammer

Build Team
    18/66

Minecraft account: HammersCreations
    Oh Boy Here I go :D

But Tomorrow I'll Make an Attempt :p

• Like Like x 4
  4. greenswampy

Regular
    3/66

Minecraft account: greenswampy
    Second!

• Like Like x 1
  5. LittleMissCake

SNW Legend
    43/66

Good luck to all the builders who hope to get in!

6. Jack

Absolutely Shocking
    113/132

u were third lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Elder Guardian Lord Overseer of Chats

SNW Legend
    63/66

Welp I was going to apply then I seen it had to be on the creative server... So yea that sums up my story!

8. Hazza

SNW Legend
    28/66

Minecraft account: _Hazza
    Can't wait to seem some of the applications, I've seen some pretty good builders.

9. DaSuperDonut

SNW Legend
    28/66

Will we be able to nominate people for this? (Kinda like staff apps.)? :p

10. TheHebrewsHammer

Build Team
    18/66

Oh Damn lol Just realized it was a Creative plot lol haven't been on creative since Nam

11. Chasky

SNW Legend
    43/66

No. These are builder applications only, however if you feel someone would be good then feel free to encourage them apply. :)

12. DaSuperDonut

SNW Legend
    28/66

Ok ty! :D

13. KoolAidPapa

Regular
    3/66

Would build entries have to be on the SNW Creative server?

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheHebrewsHammer

Build Team
    18/66

Yes Pops but they have to be newer creations not older ones from before reset

15. KoolAidPapa

Regular
    3/66

That seems a bit much to ask. I have tried building on the creative server but almost instantly get turned down by the lack of WE. Now being a builder for a long time and being on a build team for a couple months, you start to love WE more and more and hand built becomes more and more obnoxious. Would the fact that an entry was not built on the server be a large deciding factor whether you are accepted or not?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chasky

SNW Legend
    43/66

Yes. We ask this so we can confirm that it was you who truly built it (in case an applicant attempts to claim someone else's work for their own). We also ask so that we may evaluate the build in person.

17. craftingdickson

SNW Enthusiast
    28/66

Minecraft account: Vanthex
    why these 2? Mcedit and worldpaint seems nice too though...

18. Chasky

SNW Legend
    43/66

To be able to work with other people on the same project at the same time :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tezwar

Absolutely Shocking
    143/263

Minecraft account: Tezwar
    Chasky you should check out our SkyIsland at /is warp HammersCreations. He built all of it, it is amazing and it was made in SURVIVAL MODE!

• Like Like x 12
  20. Rohirrim

SNW Legend
    28/66

Just the fact you have to build something on SNW creative turned it off for me when I found out.

"We ask this so we can confirm that it was you who truly built it".

Lol .....even if you make something different on the creative doesn't mean you built it. If you have the file etc. And it not posted or claimed by anyone else should do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.